Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 16 : Soaring Eagle


Day 16 : Soaring Eagle, originally uploaded by Rob Rypma.

365 Day 16. Today was our first 4 day work week, so I had the day off. I planned to work around the house after getting grocerys in the morning, but the sun was out for a change. I decided to take a ride down for Kent Trails by the Grand River and do a photo shoot of the area. It was still only about 16 degrees out, but walking I stayed warm and was out of the wind. I had taken a few pictures across the river, and was just taking this picture as a Bald Eagle came off a branch and went soaring off down the river. In looking over my earlier shots blown up on the computer, he was sitting on a branch the whole time but his black and white blend perfectly with the snow covered trees. I wish I had seen him and actually been zoomed in for a shot or two. I was so amazed and shocked to see him as I took this picture by the time I came to my senses he was gone. I spend a couple hours walking the trail hoping to spot him again, but without luck. From the other side of the river he probably watched me with his eagle eyes, enjoying the cloaking of his natural camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment